Who We Are…
The Lovers Lane Foundation provides financial support for the ministries of LLUMC through the faithful giving of the members of our church, like you, to be used in areas of charity, education, religion and benevolence, as well as helping the church fund its maintenance costs, the cost of our music programs and our communication and technology needs.
You have all made the church part of your life. The Foundation is your opportunity to make the church a part of your legacy.
Your gifts to the Foundation are an endowment that will benefit your church in perpetuity.
What We Have Done
Since 1981, the Foundation has grown the stewardship of our donors through well thought out and controlled investments of funds that generate income which allows for perpetual giving to the Church and its ministries. The Foundation currently has total assets of almost $17M and approximately $14.6 million under management in its endowment with a goal of growing the total endowment by $4-6 million by the end 2020. In addition, we have more than $1 million under management in church guardianship accounts. Our permanent endowment, the $14.6 million, is held in more than 30 separate Funds (or endowments) broadly benefiting (i) church preservation and restoration (maintenance & repairs), (ii) the music and visual arts ministries, (iii) education, (iv) congregational care, (v) mission and outreach, (vi) technology, (vii) lecture series, (viii) deaf ministry, (ix) special needs, and (x) evangelism, In 2017, the Foundation was able to support the Maintenance, Ministries, Outreach and Evangelism of the Church with grants totaling more than $370,000.
Because you gave, in 2017 the Foundation was able to:
- Help church families (some with young children) avoid imminent eviction, in one case after an unexpected job loss by the family’s primary breadwinner and in another case after an emergency hospitalization
- Help underwrite several new ministries, including the new Marriage Ministry and the new 723 Rooted Ministry
- Help a young single mom, abused by her ex-boyfriend, and in need of short-term help with childcare costs in order to avoid losing custody of her children
- Help an older church member with her utility bills to avert them being cut-off
- Help one of our pastors with unexpected medical bills
- Provide scholarships to 7 of our High School graduating seniors
- Fully underwrite our Austin Army ministry and our Youth Interns
- Provide Scholarships for several youth and young adults to go on mission trips and help underwrite the cost of several other mission trips
- Provided substantial funds to help the church with maintenance costs, technology needs and support for our music programs
- Help underwrite our Everybody’s Christmas Ministry
- Completely underwrite the cost of our New PhilanthroCorp Estate Planning Ministry
- Completely underwrite the cost of our ArtReach Gallery and our Shepherd’s Garden
The Foundation may be the only place where not one single dollar of your contribution to our permanent endowment will be used to fund administrative costs, because, with the Foundation, those expenses are already covered by a separate endowment. And in fact, the Foundation may be the only place where your contribution to our permanent endowment will not be spent at all – not one single penny. Unless you tell us otherwise, if you make a contribution to one of our permanent endowments, your contribution will all be held in that permanent endowment and only the income from your contribution will be spent. Thus creating a legacy, a source of perpetual support for our church.
Your gifts not only sustain the mission of the Foundation, but also contribute to the legacy of our Church – and ensures our Church will be here for many years to come and for future generations. THANK YOU!
To be more specific, in 2017, your gifts helped the Foundation provide support in the following areas:
|Benevolence||$17,000||Repairs & Maintenance||$237,400|
|Youth & Young Adults||$10,600||Lecture Series||$28,000|
|Music, Arts and Technology||$23,200||Deaf & Special Needs||$16,000|
The Foundation also distributed more than $125,000 to ministries of the church from Guardianship accounts that are managed by the Foundation on behalf of the Church.
In 2018, we expect our support of the church to total more than $400,000. Please help us do even more for our church with a contribution today. Just click on the Give button above — no amount is too small. Thank you!